Dentures can give you back some of the function of your natural teeth. But they typically require you to make some pretty big changes – from how you eat to how to clean your teeth. If you’re concerned about all of the changes required by replacement teeth, you owe it to yourself to check out implant dentures.
To see if you’re a good candidate for dental implant dentures, call 618-668-2655 today to schedule a consultation at our Greenville, IL office. In the meantime, check out some of the reasons our patients love their implant dentures:
- Superior Fit and Function – Conventional dentures sit on top of your gums, held in place by nothing more than suction. So adhesive is needed to help keep them in place. Even with adhesive, they can slip and shift. They also loosen over time, due to bone loss in your jaw, so periodic relining procedures will be needed to adjust the fit. When attached to dental implants, your dentures aren’t going anywhere. They stay securely in place, and you won’t need adhesive.
- Younger Looking Facial Appearance – Dental implants serve the same function as natural tooth roots. Like roots, they stimulate your jaw. Without this stimulation, you lose bone mass in your jaw. This makes you look older.
- Easy Oral Maintenance – You won’t need denture tablets or other special cleaning solutions to keep your teeth clean. Depending on the type of implant dentures you choose, you won’t have to change your oral hygiene routine at all. Just brush and floss like you always have.
- No Sore Gums – Since implants keep your replacement teeth from slipping and shifting, you won’t have to worry about sore spots on your gums caused by loose dentures.
- Natural Chewing Ability – With conventional dentures, you’ll have trouble eating many kinds of food. But dental implants give you a bite almost as strong as you had before losing teeth. You’ll be able to eat anything, even corn-on-the-cob or crunchy apples.
You won’t believe the difference dental implants can make. To see for yourself, call Greenville Family Dentistry at 618-668-2655.